[Openstack] [Swift] Putting container and account dbs in nvram

Clay Gerrard clay.gerrard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 20:37:42 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Shrinand Javadekar <shrinand at maginatics.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am exploring an option where the physical hardware on which Swift
> will be installed can have an nvram. Has anyone explored putting the
> Swift container and account dbs on nvram?

Not to my knowledge.  Unless... well excuse my ignorance, but do mean
like... a flash drive?

> The physical server does not have SSDs and therefore the option is to
> either put the dbs on MDs or nvram.

What's an MD - some sort of DAS?  Is it possible to add some solid state
capacity, or does the server just already have an nvram device or
sufficient size that's not currently being used?  Is it an external device
- what's the bus speed?

-Clay