[Openstack] Openstack Network Architecture with two ethernet card possible with Neutron Network?

Andreas Scheuring scheuran at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Dec 8 12:00:06 UTC 2014

In a few words:

The tenant network is the software defined network you can create in the
network tab of the horizon dashboard. There could be a couple of them.
This is where you connect your instances to.

The logical networks (tenant networks) somehow have to map to the
network physics. Therfore there are several virtualization technologies
available in Openstack: VLAN, VXLAN, GRE. So a tenant network is an
openstack construct that is always (to be more preceise: in most cases)
mapped to a virtual network in your physics. When having a look at
openstack network charts, the pyhsical network used for tenant networks
is the "data network".

Hope that helps

--
Andreas