[Openstack] [devstack] installation ERROR ImportError: No module named oslo_concurrency

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Fri Dec 5 08:56:02 UTC 2014

> Hello Frank,
>
> Some times, I've seen that modules are missing even in the stable
> branches, try to install the module independently and this should
> fix your issue.
>
> Best regards, Venu
>

> > On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Du Jun <dj19... at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I think I find a bug in the latest devstack. When I attempt to
> > install devstack, I get the error message about "ImportError:
> > No module named oslo_concurrency".
> >
> > [... stacktrace here ...]
> >
> > In fact, I can find
> >
> > oslo.concurrency>=0.1.0 # Apache-2.0
> >
> > in the global-requirements.txt. So, I wonder how can I fix the
> > dependency? I haved executed ./clean.sh and ./unstack.sh and then
> > ./stack.sh. But, it doesn't work.
> >
> > -- Regards, Frank

I face something similar with a devstack which is switched to branch
`stable/juno`. For cloning `glance_store` devstack uses the `master`
branch. For cloning `global requirements` devstack uses the `stable/juno`
branch. `glance_store` (master) needs the `oslo.concurrency` package.
This package is *not* listed in `global requirements` (stable/juno).

The interesting traces are:
    <timestamp> | Cloning into '/opt/stack/glance_store'...
    <timestamp> | + cd /opt/stack/glance_store
    <timestamp> | + git checkout master
    <timestamp> | Already on 'master'
    [...]
    <timestamp> | Cloning into '/opt/stack/requirements'...
    <timestamp> | + cd /opt/stack/requirements
    <timestamp> | + git checkout stable/juno
    <timestamp> | Switched to a new branch 'stable/juno'
    [...]
    <timestamp> | + cd /opt/stack/requirements
    <timestamp> | + python update.py /opt/stack/glance_store
    <timestamp> | _sync_requirements_file({'glance-store': [...]
    [...]
    <timestamp> | Syncing /opt/stack/glance_store/requirements.txt
    <timestamp> | 'oslo.concurrency' is not in global-requirements.txt
    <timestamp> | + exit_trap

[EDIT]: I posted this by mistake on "openstack-dev" ML

Regards,
Markus Zoeller
IRC: markus_z
Launchpad: mzoeller