[Openstack] using dedicated network for cinder/tgtd traffic

Dmitry Makovey dmitry at athabascau.ca
Thu Dec 4 21:54:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've been tinkering with OpenStack a while now, however I have never
paid attention to where and how my traffic goes. This time I'd like to
direct all the block storage traffic through a specific interface on
both cinder and compute nodes (10G interface).

So in the end I would end up with management network, external net,
instance tunnels net and storage net.

The only place that I found which seems to be relevant is cinder.conf:

iscsi_ip_address=<10Gb interface IP>

do I need to look for more or is above setting sufficient to make sure
all the block storage traffic goes over 10G interface?

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator

When in trouble when in doubt run in circles scream and shout
     http://www.wordwizard.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19330