[Openstack] [glance] Question about protected properties

Michael Turek mjturek at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Aug 28 14:24:21 UTC 2014

Hello,

I was wondering if the following behavior that I'm seeing with protected
properties is intended.

My setup is a ubuntu guest running devstack.

with the following protections file:

[admin]
create = admin
read = admin
update = admin
delete = admin

[protected]
create = test
read = test
update = test
delete = test

The following command fails to add a property:

$# glance --os-username admin image-update --property x=True
<image-name-here>
Request returned failure status 403.
  <head>
   <title>403 Forbidden</title>
  </head>
   <h1>403 Forbidden</h1>
   Property 'x' is protected<br /><br />

If the property is unspecified in the protections file, shouldn't there
be no restrictions on it? Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

-Mike