[Openstack] Clean ovs ports

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Thu Aug 28 07:47:23 UTC 2014

Hi,

it would be good if you can confirm whether this behaviour affects icehouse
or trunk as well.
Several bugs concerning nova/neutron communication as well as ovs agent
handling of ports have been fixed during the last two release cycle.
While the stable team did a great job in back-porting those fixes, some
were not applied because they were too extensive.
Are these "leftover" ports only present on the OVS agent, or do you see
them in neutron as well? In the former case the problem might be mitigated
as suggested by Martinx.

Another thing to check is whether these ports are wired or not. If they are
on the "dead" VLAN (4095), then they're not wired, and while they surely
represent a nuisance they will not be harmful.
As Havana is now approaching EOL [1], I would focus on establishing whether
this behaviour affects more recent releases as well.

Regards,
Salvatore

[1]
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StableBranchRelease#Planned_stable.2Fhavana_releases