[Openstack] Why security guide advise against uwsgi for deploying horizon with nginx?

sylecn sylecn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 08:39:57 UTC 2014

HI all,

I'm trying to deploy horizon with nginx, and to my surprise, the security
guide advice against uwsgi, which is the WSGI server of choice for all my
other WSGI apps.

In the security guide [1], it says

When using nginx, we recommend gunicorn
<http://docs.gunicorn.org/en/latest/deploy.html> as the wsgi host with an
appropriate number of synchronous workers. We strongly advise against
deployments using fastcgi, scgi, or uWSGI. We strongly advise against the
use of synthetic performance benchmarks when choosing a wsgi server.

Anyone know the reason behind this? Is it just personal preferences?
I see uwsgi has its own benefits beyond being permanent. It has good
documentation, easy nginx integration, is stable and is configurable. Why
it is advised against?

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/security-guide/content/ch025_web-dashboard.html

--
*YY Inc. is hiring* openstack and python developers. Interested? Check
http://soa.game.yy.com/jobs.html

Yuanle