[Openstack] [Ceilometer/Heat] correct format of webhook for alarm-action

Duan, Li-Gong (Gary@HPServers-Core-OE-PSC) li-gong.duan at hp.com
Thu Aug 21 09:37:57 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,

For the "ceilometer alarm-threshold-create" cmd, what is the correct format of the webhook URL for alarm action, if I want to trigger a template in Heat to be executed once this alarm is notified? Are there any example of invoking heat template?

--alarm-action <Webhook URL>
        URL to invoke when state transitions to alarm. May be used multiple times. Defaults to None.

I "google"ed for this, but most are related to Heat autoscaling and the alarm is defined in Heat template directly.

Thanks in advance,
Gary