[Openstack] [Devstack] q-svc fails to start in devstack.

Parikshit Manur parikshit.manur at citrix.com
Mon Aug 18 16:35:50 UTC 2014

Hi All,
                Start of q-svc  in devstack fails with error message "No type driver for tenant network_type: vxlan. Service terminated!". I have not choosen vxlan as ML2 type driver in localrc. I have added the details of localrc file for my setup below for reference. Can you please point out if I am missing any config or there is any workaround to fix the issue. Could you also point me to a separate mailing list for devstack related queries if there is any.

localrc file contents:

RECLONE=yes
DEST=/opt/stack
SCREEN_LOGDIR=/opt/stack/new/screen-logs
LOGFILE=/opt/stack/new/devstacklog.txt
DATABASE_PASSWORD=password
RABBIT_PASSWORD= password
SERVICE_TOKEN= password
SERVICE_PASSWORD= password
ADMIN_PASSWORD= password
disable_service n-net
enable_service q-svc
enable_service q-agt
enable_service q-dhcp
enable_service q-l3
enable_service q-meta
enable_service q-lbaas
enable_service neutron
# Optional, to enable tempest configuration as part of devstack
enable_service tempest
Q_PLUGIN=ml2
Q_ML2_PLUGIN_MECHANISM_DRIVERS=openvswitch
Q_ML2_PLUGIN_TYPE_DRIVERS=vlan,flat
ML2_VLAN_RANGES=physnet1:1500:1600
ENABLE_TENANT_VLANS=True
PHYSICAL_NETWORK=physnet1