[Openstack] Connect VM network to exists VLAN network

Andreas Scheuring scheuran at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Aug 15 06:46:41 UTC 2014

Hi Nhan,
I guess more information is required to help you out there.

It would be helpful to know which setup you're using, e.g. a singlenode
or multinode setup, openvswitch for network virtualiation or something
else? Are you using nova network or neutron networking?

If I got it right you created a tenant network in openstack (in your
case vm network). In addition your host (hypervisor) has a an eth
interface into the physical network, right?

You also mentioned that your physical network is a vlan network. Is your
hypervisor aware of this vlan tagging or is this done by a access port
config in your switch?

And what you want to achieve is to connect a vm attached to the
openstack vm network to your physical vlan network. Did I get you right?

Basically you would create a so called "provider network" that
represents your physical network and connect this provider network via a
virtual router to your vm network.

More information you can find here:
http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/under_the_hood_openvswitch.html#under_the_hood_openvswitch_scenario1

Regards,