[Openstack] Autoscaling

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 12:41:40 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 10:58:55AM +0000, yalla.gnan.kumar at accenture.com wrote:
>    Hi All,
>

>    Can anyone point me to right link to Fedora 20 Jeos image ?  The
>    following  autoscaling template

The official Fedora 20 cloud image now contains heat-cfntools, so you no
longer require a specially rebuilt image:

http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora#clouds

>    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openstack/heat-templates/master/cfn/F17/AutoScalingCeilometer.yaml
>
>    seems to be hardcoded  for Loadbalancer  to work only with  Fedora 20
>    Jeos.  Also  I need an autoscaling

The default Loadbalancer template can be overriddent by setting the
"loadbalancer_template" option in heat.conf.  Or you might want to
investigate using Neutron LBaaS instead:

>    template which specifies multiple neutron networks along with Floating IP
>     for the vms.

https://github.com/openstack/heat-templates/blob/master/hot/autoscaling.yaml

And change lb_server.yaml to reflect the Wordpress template you want to
scale-out:

https://github.com/openstack/heat-templates/blob/master/hot/lb_server.yaml

Also see the servers* examples in the same directory.

Steve