[Openstack] How to "share" a SSH Key Pair between users of the same Project / Tenant...

Maish Saidel-Keesing maishsk+openstack at maishsk.com
Wed Aug 13 19:15:53 UTC 2014

On 13/08/2014 21:24, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:
> Guys,
>
>  How can I add a SSH Key Pair to a Project / Tenant, that is available
> to all users of that Project / Tenant?

Hi Thiago.

AFAIK it is not possible - each and every user cannot see another user's
key.

There fortunately a workaround.

Create a key for user A - and then import that same public key for user
B - since you already have the private key for user A  - you can share
it with all the other users in that Tenant.

Is it secure? No. Does it work - actually yes - I have implemented this
exact solution because we wanted a groups of developers to access the
instances all with the same key.
> Thanks!
> Thiago

Maish Saidel-Keesing