[Openstack] Neutron metadata agent and HA

Sławek Kapłoński slawek at kaplonski.pl
Wed Aug 13 18:18:14 UTC 2014

Hello,

I want to have openstack with two controller nodes (with nova services). On
compute node there are neutron agents. There is also neutron metadata agent on
each host. I know that it is only some kind of proxy for metadata service in
nova and on my infra that nova's service is running on both controller nodes.
Now my question is: is it possible in some way to make this metadata service
with HA? In neutron-metadata agent I can put only one IP address so I can have
only one metadata nova service. Maybe You know any solution to that?
I'm using havana release of openstack.

--
Best regards,
Sławek Kapłoński