[Openstack] Error: Failed to launch instance "devstack-havana": Please try again later [Error: No valid host was found. ].

Shariar Kazi kazishariar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 17:42:06 UTC 2014

http://openstack.redhat.com/forum/discussion/952/problem-creating-instances-no-valid-host/p1

Check subnet availability. Also:

No valid host means the scheduler was unable to find a compute host
suitable for booting your new instance. A common cause of this is not
enough memory on your compute nodes, so check that. Also make sure that
your compute nodes have the brctl command available, which is necessary to
set up networking for the instance -- if that command is missing, you will
also see this error.

To help identify the source of the problem, you'll want to make sure you
have debug logging turned on (debug=True in /etc/nova/nova.conf) on both
your controller and your compute node. Pay careful attention to the
messages logged when an instance is booting; generally somewhere in there
will be the source of the problem.

Regards,

Shariar Kazi