[Openstack] Swift And IIS

Brent Troge brenttroge2016 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 20:54:14 UTC 2014

I am looking to store smooth streaming assets into my swift cluster. I can
instruct IIS 7 to reverse proxy into swift, however that doesn't seem a
supported configuration for IIS Media Services to read the smooth streaming
assets. It appears IIS Media services expects the VOD assets to be local or
accesible via CIFS.  Does anyone have experience serving smooth streaming
VOD assets stored in a swift cluster?   I have been able to serve the
smooth streaming assets from swift if using Apache and mod_smoothstreaming.
However, not all IIS media functionality is found in the Apache module. So
I am stuck with IIS Media services.

Thanks!