[Openstack] Openstack networking usecase
rampras.vm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 09:15:18 UTC 2014
I need your help in following networking scenario:
- I bring up 2 VM's in a compute Node via Openstack Controller Dashboard
- these two VM's below to same virtual Network
- Each VM gets an virtual IP address
- *SCENARIO:* Is it possible that, each virtual IP is given assigned an
access-vlan and pass the vlan traffic to outside physical/real port that is
connected to Trunk port of an external switch?
- VM1 and VM2 shouldnt talk to each other without passing through the
VM1 gets a virtual IP address lets say 10.0.0.20/24., how to assign a
access vlan, lets say vlan 10.,
VM2 gets a virtual IP address lets say 10.10.0.20/24., how to assign a
access vlan, lets say vlan20(access port)
My physical interface of the compute node is ETH0., connected to trunk port
of a switch.,
VM1 and VM2 shouldnt talk to each other until and unless they pass through
the trunk and gets the packet processed further by an external l3 switch..
does it require an explicit configuration of openVswitch ??
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openstack