[Openstack] Getting size of volume_type using API

Sekhar Vajjhala sekharv01 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 19:27:51 UTC 2014

Thanks.

So seems like there is no way for me to the following : Allocate a volume
of a given size from a volume_type using an API but only if volume_type has
sufficient space. I can create a volume of a given size from a volume_type
using API, and if there is insufficient space, then the API call will fail
.

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks,
Sekhar Vajjhala

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 11:43 AM, Jyoti Ranjan <jranjan at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, there is no way at this point of time. Also, it is little bit
> difficult expectation because we may attach more than one physical devices
> (say HP 3PAR CPG) to same volume type.
>

> On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 1:31 AM, Sekhar Vajjhala <sekharv01 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to get the size of a volume_type using an API.
>> According to the docs
>> http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref-compute-v2-ext.html ,
>> GET /v1.1/{tenant_id}/os-volume-types/{volume_type_id}
>> returns the following ( but not the size ).
>>
>> {
>>     "volume_type": {
>>         "id": "289da7f8-6440-407c-9fb4-7db01ec49164",
>>         "name": "vol-type-001",
>>         "extra_specs": {
>>             "capabilities": "gpu"
>>         }