[Openstack] Heat-IceHouse, stack creation fails

Parisa Heidari parisa-2.heidari at polymtl.ca
Tue Aug 5 21:25:43 UTC 2014

Hi,
I am trying Heat - IceHouse but I cannot even create a tiny VM as explained in
the documents
(http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/install-guide/install/apt/content/heat-verify.html).
In Heat-engine log file, I saw that "stack-user-domain" ID is not set in the
heat.conf file. So I modified heat.conf and added admin ID (the one defined
when Keystone was installed and configured) and its name and password for
stack_user_domain, stack_domain_admin, and stack_domain_admin_password,
respectively. But still stack creation fails and I see in the logs that
"ClientException: The server has either erred or is incapable of performing the
requested operation".

What should be set in heat.conf as stack-user-domain and other corresponding
variables? should I create a new domain for Heat and how?

Many thanks,
Parisa