[Openstack] [diskimage-builder][devtest] What is the difference between seed VM and undercloud VM

Jyoti Ranjan jranjan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 13:31:01 UTC 2014

Seed cloud is bare minimal VM which is supposed to erect undercloud.
Undercloud is supposed to act like a control station after erecting
Overcloud. Also, Overcloud keep referring for Undercloud to update itself
and deploy new images.

Life perspective, seed existence is temporary. Undercloud and Overcloud
will have longer life. Treat Undercloud as control station for Overcloud.