[Openstack] Now you know there are BIG opportunities for OpenStack for Carrier SDN/NFV, what's next...

Chloe Ma chloema at juniper.net
Sun Aug 3 21:22:36 UTC 2014

Stackers:

In Hong Kong and Atlanta OpenStack Summit, you probably have heard about Software Defined Networking and  Network Function Virtualization, and the pivotal role that OpenStack plays in both technologies.

In the upcoming Paris OpenStack Summit, there is a new track just to cover “Telco Strategies”. As an innovator in networking for both carriers and cloud service providers, Juniper Networks is also leaving the SDN/NFV wave as the first networking vendors to open source its production-ready SDN/NFV platform – OpenContrail (See what Cloudwatt says about OpenContrail: http://www.lightreading.com/carrier-sdn/cloudwatt-builds-snoop-proof-cloud/d/d-id/710181?). Juniper is also among the first batch of AT&T Domain 2.0 vendors.

Check out our proposals to the Paris OpenStack Summit and cast your vote for Juniper and our partner/customer sessions, and explore opportunities in cloud networking and service automation with OpenStack! Check out my blog at:

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/SDN-Era/Calling-all-Juniper-Fans-Show-your-support-and-vote-for-our/ba-p/251638

Or vote by clicking on the following links:

Beginning Level Technology Introduction Sessions:

  *   Network Function Virtualization: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly<https://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/network-function-virtualization-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly>
  *   The Dynamic Duo: SDN and NFV, Better Together<https://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/the-dynamic-duo-sdn-and-nfv-better-together>

Hands-on Workshops:

  *   Hybrid Cloud Made Simple, by SDN and NFV<https://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/hybrid-cloud-made-simple-by-sdn-and-nfv>
  *   A Step-by-Step Guide to Create a Virtualized Firewall in OpenStack Cloud powered by OpenContrail<https://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/a-step-by-step-guide-to-create-a-virtualized-firewall-in-openstack-cloud-powered-by-opencontrail>

Network Function Virtualization related sessions:

  *   Embrace Physical Network Functions on the Journey to NFV<https://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/embrace-physical-network-functions-on-the-journey-to-nfv>

Joint Session with Canonical

  *   NFV (Network Functions Virtualization) Service Chaining for Telcos using OpenStack<https://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/nfv-network-functions-virtualization-service-chaining-for-telcos-using-openstack>

Joint Session with Amdocs:

  *   Operationalize OpenStack NFV in Service Provider OSS/BSS Systems<https://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/operationalize-openstack-nfv-in-service-provider-oss-bss-systems>

Joint session with Hitachi:

  *   Creating a Carrier-Grade Virtualized Network Function for Mobile Operators using Openstack<https://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/creating-a-carrier-grade-virtualized-network-function-for-mobile-operators-using-openstack>

Cloud Orchestration Sessions:
Joint session with Cloudwatt:

  *   Scaling Neutron for Public Cloud Usage with OpenContrail<http://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/scaling-neutron-for-public-cloud-usage-with-opencontrail>
  *   Launching with OpenContrail: the implementation of a collaborative Agile Delivery Model<http://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/launching-with-opencontrail-the-implementation-of-a-collaborative-agile-delivery-model>

Cloud Security Sessions:

  *   East-West Firewall for East-West Traffic in Cloud Data Centers<https://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/east-west-firewall-for-east-west-traffic-in-cloud-data-centers>
  *   A Step-by-Step Guide to Create a Virtualized Firewall in OpenStack Cloud powered by OpenContrail<https://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/a-step-by-step-guide-to-create-a-virtualized-firewall-in-openstack-cloud-powered-by-opencontrail>

Analytics and Telemetry

  *   A Tale of Two Layers: Correlating Overlay and Underlay Network Data for Better OpenStack Network Ana...<https://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/a-tale-of-two-layers-correlating-overlay-and-underlay-network-data-for-better-openstack-network-analytics>

OpenStack Applications:

  *   Enhance the flexibility and security of OpenStack Hadoop deployment with SDN and NFV <https://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/enhance-the-flexibility-and-security-of-openstack-hadoop-deployment-with-sdn-and-nfv>
  *    A Complete Makeover of Junosphere SaaS-based Network Simulation with OpenStack and OpenContrail<https://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/a-complete-makeover-of-junosphere-saas-based-network-simulation-with-openstack-and-opencontrail>

Sessions proposed by Symantac on Contrail:

  *   Leveraging SDN to Provide Secure Multi-Tenancy in the Enterprise Cloud<https://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/leveraging-sdn-to-provide-secure-multi-tenancy-in-the-enterprise-cloud>
  *   Tuning OpenStack for Availability and Performance in Large Production Deployments<https://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/tuning-openstack-for-availability-and-performance-in-large-production-deployments>

Session Proposed by TCP on Contrail:

  *   Take OpenStack Networking HA and Performance to the Next Level with OpenContrail<https://www.openstack.org/vote-paris/Presentation/take-openstack-networking-ha-and-performance-to-the-next-level-with-opencontrail>

Chloe Jian Ma
Director, SDN Product Marketing
Juniper Networks
O +1.408.936.6432