[Openstack] [Openstack-security] API Security

Clark, Robert Graham robert.clark at hp.com
Tue Apr 29 14:41:38 UTC 2014

I'd say the top three terminators in use today are probably Stunnel,
Stud and Pound - all rely on OpenSSL. I'm sure there's a plethora of
alternatives but I'd imagine most are OpenSSL based, the most likely
alternative being NSS which is a big library to use for something like a
terminator.

OpenSSL
> libraries.
>
> The general consensus however is to use SSL terminators rather than
> enabling SSL in the endpoints directly. You'd need to investigate the
SSL
> library in the terminator you choose, though it would likely be
OpenSSL.

> Check this out as well, https://blog-nkinder.rhcloud.com/?p=7
>
> rob
>

> > On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Clark, Robert Graham
> > <robert.clark at hp.com <mailto:robert.clark at hp.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     This is why any production API servers should all be running
TLS/SSL
> >     - to protect the confidentiality of messages in flight.____
> >
> >     __ __
> >
> >     There have been efforts to remove sensitive information from
logs,
> >     I'm a little surprised that passwords are logged in Neutron.____
> >
> >     __ __

{"tenantName":

<hao.1.wang at gmail.com
> >             <mailto:hao.1.wang at gmail.com>> wrote:____
> >
> >                 Hi,____
> >
> >                 __ __
> >
> >                 I am troubleshooting a neutron case. It was just
found
> >                 that if DEBUG was enabled, neutron would print out
JSON