[Openstack] Adding Network service in cluster

vikrant pawar vicky.pawar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 13:03:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have working IceHouse with 2 Compute Nodes, 2 Network nodes and a
Controller.

Reason for two neutron node was to have a fail-over scenario for network
congestion / failing.

To achieve this I have have also add lbaas agents on both Network nodes.

Now for each services :  metadata, l3 and dhcp there are two nodes,
however  they are not working in parallel.

What we want is in case of  Primary Network node failure , Openstack should
be able start new VM, (have access to metadata and dhcp server) and also
allow external communication i.e. Router should be present on both nodes.

I was unable to add Routers on multiple nodes.

Let me know if there is document for adding these services under cluster.

--
Best Regards,
Vikrant Pawar