[Openstack] How to recover my vms after devstack was unstacked?

laclasse laclasse at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 16:47:59 UTC 2014

Those VMs should be able to boot with on a Linux installation with a KVM
hypervisor with no issues, provided that you have the images (or can grab
them from Glance) and can create a .xml definition file for each.
For the xml definitions, you can cheat a little by creating a blank new KVM
VM using tools such as virt-manager and copy the resulting .xml configs or
use virsh to dump an existing one and editing details in them to point
where your VMs root fs and other resources are located ...
See more related information here:
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Virtualization_Administration_Guide/form-Virtualization-Managing_guests_with_virsh-Creating_a_virtual_machine_XML_dump_configuration_file.html