[Openstack] Public IPs without NAT

Aaron Segura aaron.segura at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 23:30:43 UTC 2014

Sorry, my original reply went to OP directly... Pasted below..

I am not an expert, but I'll take a stab at it...

Since the openstack environment doesn't have a direct connection to the
"public" network, you would not be able to do anything with that network
inside of Openstack.

You could assign the instances some floating IPs out of the 192.168 network
and then handle public translation at your firewall.

If you *require* public IP addresses directly on your instances, you would
need to have that network VLAN trunked down to your hypervisors, as well.

Hope that helps some.  Like I said, I'm no expert.