[Openstack] [Keystone] Leverage an existing (non-KS) DB?

Adam Lawson alawson at aqorn.com
Mon Apr 21 18:28:31 UTC 2014

Crap, hit send half-way through. Let's try this again...

Can Keystone work with a non-KS database for authentication and
authorization via API? There is an existing SQL database of
users/passwords/roles etc supporting an existing cloud and I'm being asked
to research the options how to introduce Keystone with read-only access.
Finding options on how this might happen has been challenging.

Basically, they have a cloud with S3 object storage but want to move
towards Swift + Keystone but continue using their existing database as the
hub of all things related to credentials and authorizations. I figure
Keystone can connect to a foreign SQL DB if the values were mapped
correctly, but I don't know where this has been done prior. Thoughts?

Mahalo,
Adam

*Adam Lawson*
AQORN, Inc.