[Openstack] Debugging of horizon code

Lyle, David david.lyle at hp.com
Fri Apr 18 16:33:31 UTC 2014

The easiest way to get started is clone the github repo on a VM with devstack running.  You can then run the django test server http://docs.openstack.org/developer/horizon/ref/run_tests.html#id13 using "--runserver" this horizon instance will use the devstack keystone, nova, etc services by default.  Once you have the test server running, you will see log output on the command line.  You will also see output to stdout there as well.  Additionally, if you know where you want to start debugging, you can place 'import pdb; pdb.set_trace() on the line where you want to break and drop into the pdb debugger.

David