[Openstack] Query on container sync

Kuo Hugo tonytkdk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 06:23:31 UTC 2014

   - So do they want to sync everything from another private cloud to
   Swift's container for once or continually ?
   - Will they perform two-way sync or one-way sync ?

For current implementation of container-sync, I'd like to say the answer is
no for this scenario.

If they just want to pull out everything to new Swift cluster, then they
need an agent tool on the old private cloud to put data onto Swift. But
it's just for once operation.
How will they keep tracking the new incoming data on private cloud ?

For Swift, container-sync process query marks in the container DB.

Hugo