[Openstack] Fwd: [openstack][ceilometer] statistic on instance

ZhiQiang Fan aji.zqfan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 12:00:10 UTC 2014

Hi, operators,

I have an environment running openstack havana which enables ceilometer
service, and I set notify_on_state_change = vm_and_task_state in
/etc/nova/nova.conf. So there are notifications being sent when instances
state and task status changed, the problem that the end users may create
alarm based on instance count, which means statistics on instance meter
will be used, which leading to an incorrect state of alarm, because there
may be 5 vm but has 10 instances sample in 1 periods.

I think the cpu_util can replace the instance, but what about the vm has
multiple cpu?

So, it is really confused me how to check vm count through statistics api

Can anyone share your experience? Or is there some material can be read?

Thanks!