[Openstack] [SWIFT] memcached connections staying open even after service restart?

Clay Gerrard clay.gerrard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 17:44:32 UTC 2014

Well once you remove the oldhost from all of your proxy-server.conf's
"memcache_servers" list in the their [filter:cache] section; and restart
those services - they won't make any more connections to the unreferenced
memcached server.  Internal proxy might... you should double check your
/etc/swift/object-expirier.conf's [filter:cache] section.

But if they did, I don't see why they would report a timeout if the old
server was in fact accepting connections on 11211 - those two pieces of
information don't seem consistent?  Quite strange...

-Clay