[Openstack] Multiple Flat Networks same physical net

Ageeleshwar Kandavelu Ageeleshwar.Kandavelu at csscorp.com
Thu Apr 10 13:57:09 UTC 2014

How about this????
in plugin.ini set like this
bridge_mappings = Physnet1:br-ex1,Physnet2:br-ex2

then go on and create a proxy bridge to emulate two network on same nic
ovs-vsctl add-br br-proxy
ovs-vsctl add-port br-proxy ethx

ovs-vsctl add-br br-ex1
ip link add name ex1-br-proxy type veth peer name proxy-br-ex1
ovs-vsctl add-port br-ex1 ex1-br-proxy
ovs-vsctl add-port br-proxy proxy-br-ex1

ovs-vsctl add-br br-ex2
ip link add name ex2-br-proxy type veth peer name proxy-br-ex2
ovs-vsctl add-port br-ex2 ex2-br-proxy
ovs-vsctl add-port br-proxy proxy-br-ex2

I am sorry but I still did not give you multiple flat networks on same physical network.
However now you have two flat physical networks both bridged to same nic.

If anyone got better suggestion please reply..

Thank you,
Ageeleshwar K