[Openstack] quantum openvswitch agent on compute nodes stops working.

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Thu Apr 10 05:53:24 UTC 2014

> I am facing a issue, where all of a sudden the quantum openvswitch agent stops working and all the VMs lose
> connectivity and even the provisioning fails.
>
>Also, I also want to understand what is the role of quantum openvswitch agent.
>
>Any pointer will be helpful.

The agent setups the Openvswitch flows  (ovs-ofctl dump-flows).
I think it also creates the interfaces to be patched into the vms.

What does the openvswitch logs say? Do other components still work?

I think I saw something similar when rabbitmq did not have enough space (it needs at least 1GB free space).
You would be able to connect to rabbitmq (so no errors in the logs) but it stopped processing messages.

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen