[Openstack] openstack and heartbleed

Greg C agregc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 19:29:04 UTC 2014

I found that my openstack system was vulnerable by using the test found
here:
http://filippo.io/Heartbleed

I'm running on Ubuntu12.04, and this is an older openstack system
(folsom).  I fixed the vulnerability by updating package python-openssl and
restarting apache (apt-get update, apt-get install python-openssl, service
apache2 restart).  Test then returned "OK"

Openstack runs on python, so naturally that's how it became vulnerable.
Not strictly an "openstack component", but it can/will make you system
vulnerable to heartbleed.

There could be other places that need updates too, but at least there's
that one.