[Openstack] Fuel + Glance with Ceph

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed Apr 9 17:55:13 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Alexandre De Carvalho's message of 2014-04-09 09:22:06 -0700:
> Hi,
>
> I use ceph to store images. But i don't know where these images are stored.
> I searched in /var/lib/glance/images/, nothing. So I put this line :
> filesystem_store_datadir
> = /var/lib/glance/images/ in /etc/glance/glance-api.conf. And i restarted
> the service, but still nothing in /var/lib/glance/images.

filesystem_* is an option for the filesystem backend.

> When i create an image, they are stored in / and not in /var/lib/glance and
> i don't know why.

If you are in fact using CEPH and you have a CEPH cluster setup with
/etc/ceph/ceph.conf, note that the store is called 'rbd' in glance, not
"CEPH":

https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/glance/tree/glance/store/rbd.py

The files will be in CEPH, not local at all... that is the point of
using CEPH. :)