[Openstack] KVM qcow2 images?

Erich Weiler weiler at soe.ucsc.edu
Tue Apr 8 17:13:12 UTC 2014

Hi Y'all,

I have what I hope is a very simple question.  Under Openstack with
CentOS 6.5 using KVM as my hypervisor, when I launch an instance on a
compute node, what directory does the image get copied into?  I suspect
it's /var/lib/libvirt/qemu but I'm not sure, I'm not sure what I'm
looking for.  My root filesystem has 10GB on it (on each compute node),
and in Horizon it shows 10GB image space available on each compute node,
so I suspect the image directory is somewhere on the root filesystem,
hence to 10GB space available.  I'd like to mount the image directory as
a separate filesystem so if it fills up I don't impact the root
filesystem on the compute nodes.

Any info greatly appreciated!

cheers,
erich