[Openstack] VLAN configs

Erich Weiler weiler at soe.ucsc.edu
Mon Apr 7 07:47:21 UTC 2014

Hey Y'all,

If I'm using VLAN as network_type for my internal tenant networks, I
assume I need to configure the switchports on my switch for the compute
nodes and network node as trunk ports yes?  Do I need to do any special
trunk config to my data interfaces on my compute nodes and network
nodes?  Or does Open vSwitch handle that for me on the compute node
side?  The online guides don't mention anything about that, so I'm
asking....

I used the havana guide for redhat (VLANs and Open vSwitch) and I get no
network access (inside the local network, can't even ping gateway), so
I'm assuming there is some kind of VLAN issue.  VMs also don't get DHCP
addresses, presumably because they have no local network access for DHCP.

Thanks,
erich