[Openstack] [Nova] [Ubuntu] Error in starting nova-* service

Naman Muley naman.g.muley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 02:39:48 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am following this guide -
http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/apt/content/nova-compute.html

Yet, I noticed that none of my nova services are starting on the compute
node. i.e. nova-compute, nova-network, nova-api-metadata. The syslog
contains this error - "init: nova-compute main process (3556) terminated
with status 1".

I understand that this was documented in an old bug here -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nova/+bug/991901. But the said
links and fixes dont' work for me.

Details of my system:
$uname -a Linux azara 3.2.0-60-generic #91-Ubuntu SMP Wed Feb 19 03:54:44
UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$nova --version
2.15.0.77

I'd thought initially this might be a kvm issue, but I checked intel VT-X
is enabled on the pc.

Do let me know if you need any other details about my implementation.

Thanks,
Naman