[Openstack] Q: OpenStack Docs vs Ubuntu Docs

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Sun Apr 6 13:44:11 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 5:55 AM, Frans Thamura <frans at meruvian.org> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> i am evaluating docs in openstack.org
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide
>

> and also try to map with ubuntu wiki documentation.
>
> my opinion said that openstack.org using ubuntu. CMIIW, Anne can help?
>
> and ubuntu also have their own documentation

Hi Frans,
As Steve noted, we try to document installs manually -- and the Ubuntu
install guide is the most read, so I'm not sure as many people use the
Ubuntu docs as you have heard.

Also because we document a manual install, many people will next seek a
configuration management solution (chef, puppet, juju) after learning
enough from our document to make better decisions. Here's the list of our
guides:

Installation Guide for Debian 7.0

Installation Guide for openSUSE and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server

Installation Guide for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, and Fedora

Installation Guide for Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS) Server

Hope this helps.
Anne