[Openstack] Equivalent component for VPC

Ageeleshwar Kandavelu Ageeleshwar.Kandavelu at csscorp.com
Fri Apr 4 08:04:01 UTC 2014

The answer is a bit complicated.

Multiple users can belong to a tenant in openstack however a user can have multiple vpc in aws. However In aws most of the resources(security groups, routing table, access list are aligned to a vpc) Similarly in openstack all such resources are aligned to the tenant.

In another perspective a vpc can be related to neutron network, because its the network that acts as a container for subnets in openstack and vpc acts as container for subnet in aws.

Summing up there is no specific equivalent of vpc in openstack. Openstack follows its own logic/flow.

Guys please correct me if I have gone wrong anywhere.

Thank you,
Ageeleshwar K