[Openstack] [ceilometer] how to get l3 meters related qg-xxx interfaces of router?

Kelam, Koteswara Rao koteswara.kelam at hp.com
Thu Apr 3 15:07:08 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I am using icehouse-2. In my setup 10.64.201.0/24 is external network and set it as router gateway.
|10.64.201.0/24|<------->|router|<------>|22.0.0.0/24|

Now I want see the rx and tx stats of qg-XX interface of router as meters.
I configured neutron metering label and rule as follows.
sdn at koteswar-ice-osc:~$ neutron meter-label-show INCOMING
sdn at koteswar-ice-osc:~$ neutron meter-label-rule-create INCOMING 10.64.201.0/24 --direction ingress

But I don't know how to see the stats associated with label  INCOMING. After creating label, how to see it as a meter in the collector side?
"ceilometer meter-list/sample-list" not listing anything related to this label. Please help.

Thanks in advance
Koteswar