[Openstack] Need help on neutron network device!!

Kelam, Koteswara Rao koteswara.kelam at hp.com
Thu Apr 3 07:16:53 UTC 2014

*        In the controller node, add the following line in neutron.conf and restart the neutron-server:

service_plugins = neutron.services.firewall.fwaas_plugin.FirewallPlugin

*        In the network node, neutron.conf, add the following and restart the neutron-l3-agent:

[fwaas]

driver = neutron.services.firewall.drivers.linux.iptables_fwaas.IptablesFwaasDriver

enabled = True
This worked for me.

Regards,
Koteswar

I have enabled firewall in neutron.conf at controller (where neutron server installed) and Neutron node(where agents are installed)..after I create a firewall in dashboard its showing as PENDING_CREATE State not showing as active, all basic networking is working fine (used GRE tunnel). The changes made in Controller and neutron node..

Controller:

service_plugins = neutron.services.firewall.fwaas_plugin.FirewallPlugin

Neutron Node:

[fwaas]

driver = neutron.services.firewall.drivers.linux.iptables_fwaas.IptablesFwaasDriver

enabled = True

Is anything I am issuing here please suggest me.

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh Kolagani