[Openstack] the way of managing the shared block storage. RE: Announcing Manila Project (Shared Filesystems Management)

Qixiaozhen qixiaozhen at huawei.com
Fri Sep 27 02:09:19 UTC 2013

Hi, all

Is there a common way to manage the block storage of an unknown vendor san?

For example, a linux server shares its local disks by the target software(iscsitarget, lio and etc.). The computing nodes are connected to the target with iscsi session, and the LUNs are already rescaned.

VMFS is introduced in VMware to manage the LUNs shared by the san. Ovirt VDSM organize the metadata of the volumes in the LUN with LVM2 and StoragePoolManager. How about openstack?

Best regards,

Qi

亓晓振 Qi Xiaozhen
CLOUD OS PDU, IT Product Line, Huawei Enterprise Business Group
Mobile: +86 13609283376
Email: qixiaozhen at huawei.com
中国(China)-西安(Xian)