[Openstack] Question on snapshot image compatibility between AWS and Openstack Glance

Venkatesan, Ravikumar ravikumar.venkatesan at hp.com
Thu Sep 26 16:40:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

      I have one question on snapshot image compatibility between AWS and Openstack Glance .

     I have downloaded a snapshot image consisting of manifest file and fragmented files from AWS S3 that was created from an instance and  EBS backed , and I am checking the feasibility of assembling those segmented files (about 60 ) and then upload to Openstack Glance as snapshot image. Is it possible ? Is Glance support that use case scenario ?

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
Ravi