[Openstack] config_drive with Cinder boot from volume

Byron McCollum byron.mccollum at rackspace.com
Thu Sep 26 13:30:57 UTC 2013

Are you talking about booting from a volume that was created from an image (bootable volume)?

Depending on cloud-init's configuration, it might be configured to only run on first boot. If that volume had previously been used to boot an instance, cloud-init will not run on subsequent boots from the volume.

Byron