[Openstack] (no subject)

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Wed Sep 25 19:55:34 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Aaron Rosen <arosen at nicira.com> wrote:

> Hi Albert,
>
> Are you sure this is happening. I'm positive that neutron's dhcp agent
> will only hand out ip addresses for ports that it knows about and I'm sure
> nova-network does the same as well.
>
> Aaron
>
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Albert Vonpupp <vonpupp at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying DevStack at the university lab. When I tried to deploy a VM I
>> noticed that all the machines from the lab started renewing their leases
>> with the DevStack DHCP server. That is inconvenient for me since I'm not
>> the only user of this lab and it could cause troubles. I thought that
>> perhaps changing the default port on the controller as on the compute nodes
>> would work, but I don't know how to do that.
>>
>> How can I change the dnsmasq DHCP port on DevStack? (controller and
>> compute nodes)
>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>>
>> Albert.

> Hi Albert,

I inadvertently did this once in our lab.  The issue I believe (if my
memory is correct) you're probably using nova-networking and you've
configured FlatDHCP.  The problem is that you're that your public network
is accessing your internal/private network (check your bridge setting) so
the result is that external DHCP requests can be received from your
OpenStack private network.

It might be helpful if you include your localrc file and some info
regarding your systems nics and how they're configured.

John