[Openstack] Announcing Manila Project (Shared Filesystems Management)

Swartzlander, Ben Ben.Swartzlander at netapp.com
Wed Sep 25 00:50:14 UTC 2013

I'm proud to announce the official launching of the Manila project. Manila is a new service designed to do for shared filesystems what Cinder has done for blocks storage. The project provides a vendor neutral API for provisioning and attaching filesystem-based storage such as NFS, CIFS, and hopefully many other network filesystems. The actual code is heavily based on Cinder. The project has been under development for quite some time and is now on StackForge and ready for contributions from the wider community.

Our project page is here: https://launchpad.net/manila

We hold weekly meetings on Thursdays at 15:00 UTC in #openstack-meeting-alt. You can also find us more or less any time in #openstack-manila.

thanks,
Ben Swartzlander (bswartz)
NetApp, Inc.