[Openstack] OpenStack Grizzly Quantum Networking

Clint Dilks clintd at waikato.ac.nz
Tue Sep 24 21:08:06 UTC 2013

Hi

Thanks to everyone whom replied to this thread I will try deleting the
ports shortly.

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Darragh OReilly
<darragh.oreilly at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Clint,
>
> you need to boot your VMs attached to the private network and not the
> public network. Then you must allocate and associate floating ips. Also
> remember to open ports in the security groups.

Darragh,

In the guide I was following they used two networks

10.10.10.0/24 (which they call internal)
10.0.0.0/24 (which they call external)

So I believed I should be able to replace where ever they use
10.0.0.0/24with 130.217.79.0  (br-ex is currently attached to an
address in this range)

Are you saying that in fact I should have two private networks say
mirroring the guide, but then also have a nic configured for 130.217.79.x ?

Or do you just mean that keeping things as I have them currently I should
just create the public-subnet within the 10.10.10.0/24 ?