[Openstack] Does quantum work with vmware esxi ?

openstack learner openstackleaner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 23:00:22 UTC 2013

Hi all,

 I am thinking about using quantum to do some network setting for the vms
on esxi host but I am not sure if it should work or not because the *
VMwareVCDriver* is listed as a compute driver.

Last time when I enable the quantum service in my devstack installation,
there is a boot instance failure when i tried to boot an instance.  I dont
know the if failure is caused by my devstack setting or it arose just
because quantum does not work with esxi.  Anyone know if quantum works with
esxi ?

Thank you
xin