[Openstack] mapping between VNC ports and instances

Jacques LANDRU landru at telecom-lille.fr
Fri Sep 20 15:38:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

On the compute node console, with KVM/libvirt, I use "ps | grep" command

# ps -edf | grep instance-xxxx

or to list all instances

# ps -edf | grep kvm | grep vnc

If you know the libvirt domainname or domainid (*) of your instance, you can also use the virsh vncdisplay command
- locally on the compute-node console
              # virsh -c qemu:///system vncdisplay <domain>
- remotely
              # virsh -c qemu://compute-node-address/system vncdisplay <domain>

(*) domainname or domainid can be displayed using the "virsh list" command

Hope, this can help.

Jacques Landru

    -----oOo-----
 Jacques Landru
   mel:  landru~hat~telecom-lille.fr
   tel:  +33 (0)3 2033 5556
   fax:  +33 (0)3 2033 5598

 Telecom Lille
 Cite scientifique, rue G. Marconi, BP20145
 59653 VILLENEUVE D'ASCQ  Cedex
  web: http://www.telecom-lille.fr
  Tel: +33 (0)3 2033 5577
  Fax: +33 (0)3 2033 5599