[Openstack] Notification Usage in OpenStack ... a report card

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Sep 19 03:14:25 UTC 2013

Thanks Sandy for the nice report,

Just to note that although taskflow is 'red' it also is in a slightly
different category (in my view). One that is different from the other
items in that table.

Taskflow is a designed to be a library and the rest of the items in that
table are what I would call 'applications/services'.

Taskflow provides hook-in points to receive information about all
activities task-flow is doing but imho it is not up to taskflow to dictate
usage of oslo rpc or oslo notifications. If those can be hooked-in to
taskflows 'emission points' than all the better I think, since that kind
of decoupling creates a better and more useful library for all to use. As
more and more projects start to use/integrate taskflow they automatically
gain those emission points (and can use them to drive oslo rpc or oslo
notifications, or both). That¹s my current thinking anyway.

Some details at the following:

* https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/TaskFlow/States_of_Task_and_Flow
* https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/TaskFlow#Engines

As usual main page @ https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/TaskFlow