[Openstack] Writing an l3 agent

Otávio Augusto otavio.augusto at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 20:25:52 UTC 2013

Hi all

I'm trying to write a customized l3 agent for my infrastructure and I need
some help on it.
The "/etc/neutron/l3_agent.ini" file gives me some hints but I'd like to
clarify them:

1) l3_agent_manager = neutron.agent.l3_agent.L3NATAgentWithStateReport

As its name implies, is it the agent for every l3 agent? Should it change
somehow depending on my l3 device?

2) interface_driver = neutron.agent.linux.interface.OVSInterfaceDriver

Is this the one I should actually change? I believe that nothing should
change in terms of instructions in and out openstack - only the real
commands to that specific l3 device shall change and they shall be
irrelevant for Openstack.

Thanks for any support on this.

Regars

/O
Otavio Augusto

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects."
Robert A. Heinlein